Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 8

The 7:54 Moment: I am out an about. 
Cheerful sun, lots of happy people, and it's lunchtime! Uh oh, what do you get when you are on a no meat, dairy, and wheat food plan??? - Luckily there is always a salad!!! - Most cafes and takeaway joints have them. 
The hard bit is choosing the salad when "grilled chicken burger" and "salt and pepper squid" are distracting your taste buds. I ordered my salad with avocado and a poached egg and then when it came, it arrived, unknown to me when I ordered, with a complete side of chips!!! 
Now normally I would just chomp those delicious tasting saturated fat sticks up without even thinking or pondering the fact that the next time I get dressed I will scowl at my love handles - their handiwork. 
What I did,  was to simply take a few and really enjoy them for what they were (i'm sorry, I could just not resist, major moment of weakness - yep i'm human). Then I got stuck into my salad, which was delicious. Afterwards, I did not feel deprived, or resentful (food restricted resentfulness, lol), I simply felt that a taste had been enough.
I am learning on this challenge that a simple, small taste is a thing of joy. A small taste is actually enough. A small taste is about being grateful for what you have. This is a very beautiful feeling.


Tonight we are going out for dinner and I was worried about having to tell my host that I was doing this challenge. I did not want her to feel any pressure, or make extra work for her in regards to what I could eat.
But, you know what, she was so gracious and simply stated that she would make sure there was food I could enjoy. Never be afraid to state it how it is! (Plus you can always suggest  that you will bring your own specific food to help out.)


Breakfast: Pancakes with honey and our fresh juice.


Lunch: Big salad of lettuce, carrot, cucumber, capsicum, red onion, a poached egg and drizzled with a lemon mustard dressing with a few fries, just to taste.


Afternoon Tea: Warm water - I was still full from my big salad.


Dinner: - I will tell you tomorrow what I ate, for I shell be sitting around my friends table after this is posted.


See you tmrw. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment