Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 9

The 7:54 Moment: Yummo! 
Last nights dinner was delicious and all very friendly to my challenge. My beautiful friends had cooked Indian curry veggies with rice and gorgeous trimmings: sultanas, banana, coconut, peanuts, mint yogurt. It was a wonderful time. Did you know that poppadoms are made on 'lentils'? Welcome to the food plan poppadoms. 
Dessert was sweet. Strawberries with coconut macaroons - really simple and very elegant. Thankyou my friends. mwuh x


I am noticing today, that I am becoming a bit slack in the challenge and creeping in is a few stray pieces of chicken, you know the ones, the bits that don't end up on the plate of hubby and the kids. Hmmmm need to watch this and re-focus on the 'why' - the reason, the goal and the 'feast' in it all.


Miss 5 had a playdate with a friend today. I needed to take something to share so I cooked a chocolate cake slice. "what!", I hear you say, "chocolate, you're not allowed it!" 
Arrh but I have discovered coco - sugar free and dairy free. Just two teaspoons in the gluten free mixture and another in the simple icing and you have lick your lips, I am missing out on noting, bliss. (just eat a little though and really savor it.)


Breakfast: The kids begged for pikelets so out came the pan and the beater and away we went. Lucky they are so easy to make. Our fresh juice is always delicious.


Lunch: Homemade potato wedges with three dips: Sumac avocado, garlic aoile and sweet chilli to taste.


Afternoon Tea: One tiny piece of glut free chocolate slice.


Dinner: Wrap bread pizza with tomato paste, avocardo, capsicum, mushroons, onion, basil and taosted pinenuts.


See you tmrw. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment