Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 6





THE 7:54 MOMENT: 




Guess what? I am not feeling so crabby!!! Lol,
Ok - I am not a 'crabby' or angry person but being female I am subject to fluctuating hormones. I have noticed today I feel more settled - it's the perfect word. More settle in myself, more settled to cope with and get into all the demands of my day. I really do put it down to being off meat, wheat (except for that bit in the wraps) and dairy.
Hubby went to Sydney today for work and was a good boy and ordered the 'pumpkin and pine nut salad', he said it had a touch of chicken in it, but not much, which he ate...No did not envision him chocking on his chicken!!! - Much!!! (Joke)
I was proud of him for mostly trying to stick to the rules.
Big But: He brought me a gift, isn't that nice, wonderful, arrrh love. I looked at the cute little bag and joy flooded my soul: jewellery, a cute book, candles...  - IT WAS CHOCOLATE!!!
The smile fall from my face along with all the love, praise and affection I was about to bestow on him.
"Darn you" I heard myself cry at him..."Why???" "How could you???" and "What were you thinking???"
He simply replied, as men do, "You'll just have to wait 24 days."
He was totally unaware of the forbidden love coursing through my veins as I imagined what that smooth, creamy, the only amazing brown colour in the universe there is, chocolate would taste like, there in the gift bag...from hell.
...I made him change Arden - Grace's big stinky whooper of a nappy!
Moving on, Tuesday is also my child friendly lunch day. I try and make something fun and interesting for the girls. I used my new found lunch freedom - store bought healthy wraps (70% corn flour and a touch of wheat.)






Breakfast: Pikelets using my mums amazing recipe with a drizzle of maple syrup and warm apple and canned pineapple pieces. http://fradazhealth.blogspot.com/2010/08/day-2.html\

Lunch: Tuesday fun lunch for the kids = Farm Barns!  Wraps with 'hay'- grated carrot and a small amount of grated cheese, with left over rice from last nights dinner. With toasted pine nut 'mice', all topped with a smige of mayo for flavor. The girls loved it.  To mine, I left of the mayo and added avocado - my kids won't eat avo, yet!

Afternoon Tea: For the girls, left over breakfast pikelets spread with a thin amount of butter and dipped in hundreds of thousands. 
I had a warm green tea.

Dinner: Soup. Lentil, spinach and mushroom soup. So yummy and very filling.












Here is how to make our 'Farm Barns' wraps!

RECIPE:
Farm Barns

Wrap breads of choice.
Grated carrot
Small amount of grated cheese
Cooked rice
Toasted pine nuts
Mayo
Avocado

Heat wraps in microwave or oven. Spread wrap down the middle with avocado and/or mayo. Place grated carrot, a small amount of cheese and rice on top. Sprinkle pine nuts over the top. Fold or roll up wrap and serve. 
Copyright Elizabeth Findlay 2010

See you tmrw. xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment