Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 7

The 7:54 Moment: Well it is official, hubby has made it a week on the 'no meat plan' but judging from his gloomy mood and vague non-focused look he needs to get back on protein. 
So he is joining the girls and having small portions of chicken and fish added to his meals. The challenge is for me is to cook it, serve it, and watch them eat it without joining in.


Anyway, In light of this I decided to cook my own roast chicken. 
I usually pick up a bbq chicken from shops, chop it up and freeze bag fulls of the meat. It is very convenient to just pick up a chook! 
At the shops this morning I choose my uncooked bird,  prepared it with onion, thyme, garlic and a bit of butter and placed it in the oven to roast. You know what, I really enjoyed it. 
For some reason I have always felt intimidated by roasting my own full chicken but it was so simple and is the plan from now on. – plus it’s cheaper and healthier (if you watch the butter, that looks like a lot of butter in the pic but it was a small bird, and only 30g of crisp me up goodness).


While I was at the shops I totally caved and gave my 1 yr old a small packet of chips. She was whinging and refusing to sit in the trolling, making shopping a nightmare (you mums know what I mean), they were the first things I saw and I knew she would eat. Arrgh, unhealthy wins this round. She contentedly munched away while I continued to have an easy shop - and no I did not have one!
Do you think it is worth 'bribing' your child, who refuses to eat the dried fruit bars and give them chips so you can shop??


Hubby would like to say: "This has been empowering because we are eating healthy rather then just eating 'habits of history'. "I am surprised and I am feeling better, apart from my attack of vagueness and the muffin I sneaked on the plane to Sydney yesterday!"


ME: "You sneaked a muffin!!!!"


Breakfast:Stewed pears with cinnamon, rice thins with vegemite, and our fresh juice of pineapple and pear.


Lunch: Left over soup from last night = easy


Afternoon Tea: Greek yogurt with apple puree


Dinner: So delicious!!! Cos lettuce cups with potato, grilled capsicum, corn and onion topped with avocado and my sweet chilli sauce. Feeling very satisfied with this meal.


See you tmrw. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment