Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 4

THE 7:54 MOMENT: BIG WHOOPS!!! Went through the McDonald's drive through to order 3 hash-browns while waiting to hook up with hubby. Realized as the service girl asks me to place my order that we are not eating this food!!!! What was I thinking - that's just it, I was on auto pilot.
So guess what I did, yep, ordered 2 hash-browns for my girls (could not disappoint). I on the other hand sat scowling at the 'golden arches' as they gobbled mummy's drive through mistake. 
Not happy deliciously smelling hash-brown, and no you can not woo me, ok for a second but then it's over.
I do ask, how much can we totally live on auto pilot when it comes to food and end up at the wrong destination with our health???? - Heaps! To be healthy takes 'consciousness' ;) lol

So I've done it! I pulled on my sneakers, yesterday and today, and went for a walk with hubby around the 'hood' and on the tready in my 'rec' room.
Our hood has a beach and it was lovely walking over the crunch of the sand and just being out in nature. Now you may say "Well, you live at the beach, it must be real hard going for a walk!!!!" - sarcastically with your arms cross and rolling your eyes ;) lol.
But the truth is, whether you live at the beach or in a concrete jungle, have a home gym or just a tread machine, a pretty inland tree city ( lived here until quite resent), even the dry outback, it take the same motivation and the same choice to get up and do that walk. It's the same choice for everyone no matter your environment.

Lastly, I am adding back cheese to out diet. The kids love it and they will eat there veggies with a little bit of cheese. I would rather my girls eat veggies with some cheese then not eat veggie at all. - I am making sure however that it is not a smothering of cheese but a sprinkle.

Breakfast: Started with cubbed apple mixed with tinned pineapple, heated to warm, and our fresh juice. Finished at McDonald's but happy I did not give in, even if the girls got a nice dose of saturated fat :(

Lunch: Sunday roast!!! Roast potato, roast pumpkin, roast onion, roast carrot, with champagne vinegar and seeded mustard dressing.

This was so yummy and fun as we sat around the table and all shared something that made us happy this week, a true feast!!!

Afternoon Tea: Sliced strawberries, delicious. 

Dinner: Boiled eggs with onion flat bread fingers to dip in (found a recipe for flat-bread). - The kids thought this was great! 
However the flat-bread was chewy and thick and made me feel very heavy in the tum after (Next recipe).

See you tmrw. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment