Monday, August 9, 2010

Arggh - do I have to eat that!!! 30 Day Challange.


Last night, at exactly 7.54pm, I decide to commit to 30 days of healthy eating. - No takeaway, no lounging in my fav cafe', just healthy home cooking. Right now I am thinking why???? Why???? WHY????



It's not that I think eating out and having a great morning at a cafe is wrong it's just that I really want to get healthier, shed a few kilos (that hang around forever baby weight), and feel good on the inside physically.
It is time to 'start' doing what I have to and achieve the results I really want. Got to do to have.

So for 30 days, my hubby and I with the kiddies are embarking on:

 'Do I have to eat that? - Yes, cause it's healthy'. 


The goal is to simply be healthier and the challenge is to find the 'feast' in our healthy chosen food.

We are simply cutting out three food groups: Wheat, Diary, and Meat (except for the kiddies who need their protein and maybe hubby - depends how thin he gets, lucky thing.)
Most of all, it has to be sustainable, easy on the budget and not full of grocery items that I can't even pronounce or get from the main supermarkets - standard fare! 
I want real results that fit busy family life and which my children will eat too.

Here is what we can eat:

Fruit
Veggies
Cornflour
Gluten free flour
Water
Soy products
Rice
Nuts
Eggs
Coffee - no dairy milk
Tea - no dairy milk
Greek yogurt - ok it's dairy but the main protein in dairy is broken down by the 'culture'.
Spices and natural flavorings.
A touch of butter and sugar where appropriate. i.e. in wheat free cake, but I will try and use honey and olive oil where I can or other appropriate substitutes.
Cheese - added back in at day 4.
Mountain Wraps - 70% cornflour with a touch of Wheat, added in at day 6

Now, I am no doctor, expert, and this is no 'diet' or 'detox' it just simply about making healthy choices and actually doing what it takes to be healthy-ish. 
This will not be a perfect 30 days and I'm sure I will make many mistakes but it is about the doing rather then being perfect.

So farewell my best friend chocolate please don't hate me and remember me, I'll see you at the end...maybe!

Hello to fruit and exercise, effort and saying no to chocolate...'arrrh chocolate' "no"- dope, no already!!
                  
....oh and feel free to join if you dare 
or try/share recipes, and encourage...we may need it.



No comments:

Post a Comment