Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 2


The 7.54PM MOMENT: Feeling ok today about this whole thing, I’m just not thinking about mm's chocolate – no really.

Tonights dinner was a mix’s of frustration and fun - not being able to rely on the always popular mac cheese, or chicken drumsticks that please everyone - but it was fun coming up with a great idea or experiment. I would appreciate some Friday Night meal ideas -glut free, meat free, diary free??
To eat healthy is so far taking more conscious effort and a touch more time but that is not a bad thing. I don’t feel like this challenge is a hard slog because it’s not a ‘diet’ and we are not depriving ourselves of 'everything'.
I actually feel peaceful - strange I did not know you could feel peaceful when you are trying to be healthy. Wow - this is what happens when you do right by your body. (It helps that hubby is on board and not complaining - yet.)

Breakfast: Gluten free thin pancakes made by my amazing hubby (he’s the morning person in our house), with a touch of maple syrup (honest it was just a touch.) They are such a hit with the kids they are now permanent on the breakfast menu – hey it works and with kids that is do, do, do.
Hubby likes to cook bread but the gluten free variety turned to soup in the bowl overnight. Hmmmm need a wheat free bread solution, any ideas?
Pineapple and pear, our juice of choice for breakfast, is total yum.

Lunch: Yesterdays soup, it was not any better but the kids did not complain and it was filling. I added a small tray of toasted nuts, and watermelon balls and dried apricots to share.

Afternoon Tea: Green tea with orange and apricot blossom paired with 10min for me was so delightful. You have to try it.

Who knew, just enjoying a bit of sunshine and a pretty cup to hold my tea could be better than a square of delicious creamy chocolate (ok it would have been better if chocolate was included, arrrh chocolate!!!).

4.30pm: ...Should be hitting the walking machine with a 30min walk. It is hard to get the motivation, I feel tired and the kids are at me. Ok I pass!!! (yep pathetic, I know ;) ) 

Dinner: Friday night dinner in our house is all about fun, the meal I've is: Sticky sushi rice balls rolled in sesame seeds, drizzled in my honey soy sauce. On the side: cornflower tempora broccoli, capsicum and carrots crisped in a small amount of olive oil (yes, I am watching our oil consumption).

Here is our breakfast (or any time of the day recipe)!

RECIPE: 
Our Pancake/Pikelets

1 cup of gluten free flour 
– for pikelets add 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
1 teaspoon of bi-carb soda
2 table spoons of sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon of vanilla
½ cup of soy milk
2 teaspoons of melted butter
2 teaspoons of lemon juice

Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together adding more soy milk till you get the consistency you want.
Add spoonfuls of the size you desire to a 'medium'  heated fry-pan and flip when bubbles appear on surface. 
Remove when cooked and drizzle with you choice of topping.

(C)2010 Deborah Shambler Stewart. - My mums recipe also taste amazing made on normal flour and milk lol.

See you Tmrw. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment